This policy will lead you to below contents:
- Keywords explanation
- How we collect personal information
- How we use personal information
- How we provide personal info to outside
- How we keep information safety
- Information access and visitor limitations
- Policy update
In the meantime, we will explain to you through this policy how we manage your personal information and privacy details when using our products and services. This policy is closely related to your use of our services, and we recommend that you carefully read and understand all the contents of this policy to make your choice as appropriate. We strive to use plain and concise language to explanation, there are marked in bold to ask your attention on significant clauses about your rights and interests in this policy.
1. Keywords Explanation
1) “User personal information” in the policy means: All information about particular individual, or in combination with other information accessed by Scenting, Scenting can identify all data about this person directly or indirectly, hereinafter referred to as “personal information”.
2) “Intelligent terminal” refers to products with Internet access function, data transmission capacity and human-computer interaction interface which are produced and manufactured by hardware manufacturers, including Scenting scent devices and Scenting intelligent environment purification equipment. These are the smart terminal products which are purchased and used by users
2. How We Collect Personal Information
During using our services, you have to provide the personal information necessary. We will collect the detailed, clear and necessary information through legal ways and ensure that your information is handled in a manner consistent under our laws and regulations. If you will not to provide personal information, you will not be able to continue to use our products or services, if you continue to use our products or services, we will assume that you are willing to provide your personal information. We may collect the following information:
- Information you provide or upload to us: we may collect personal information you provide us, such as your name, phone number, email address, Scenting account information (for example your safety related information, name, birthday, gender), information which you access to Scenting equipment synchronization data and related messages in Scenting account, messages, feedback, etc.
- We specify information relevant to you: we may collect and use information of your Scenting
- Location information (for specific services / functions only) : various types of information related to your location, such as region and country code, city code, mobile network code, mobile device country code, area identification code, area name, latitude and longitude information, time zone Settings, and language Settings.
- Login information: information related to your certain functions, mobile applications, and websites, such as cookies and other anonymous identifier technologies, IP addresses, network request information, temporary message history, standard system logs, and system crash information.
- Account credentials: information about your account credentials, such as passwords, password security questions, and answers.
3. How We Use Personal Information
In order to comply with national laws, regulations and regulatory requirements, offer you with services and improve service quality, and ensure the security of your account, we will use your information in following situations:
- Provide, handle, maintain, improve and develop our products and/or services to you, as well as the services provided by equipment or Scenting.
- Communicate with you about devices, services or any general queries (such as updates, device firmware/software updates, customer inquiry support, related information, notifications, etc.).
- Analyze and develop statistical information related to our products and services to make improvement.
- Store and maintain account information for our business operations or legal obligations.
- It is not necessary to communicate with our server to provide local services
More details on how we use your information, which may include personal information, are provided below:
- Create your account. To set up users’ personal account and profile page (personal information are collected from creating account through web page or our Bluetooth devices).
- Provide location-based services. When using Scentingand accessing Scenting‘s intelligent terminal products, we may use the location information to determine the time zone of the device, so as to ensure the accurate time display in the devices, login to the service area, and open the corresponding devices for you in advance according to your choices. You can turn this off in Settings.
- Device access. Device can be operated by Scenting We will check out the authenticity of devices.
- Device status display. Allows you to view the device status remotely so that you can see the device in action in the APP.
- Provide push service. The account number and IMEI number will also be used to provideScenting APP push services to send notification to users. You can always turn it off by preferences in message Settings.
- Collect user feedback. In order to track your feedback, Scenting may contact you and keep records. Your feedback is invaluable helping us to improve our services.
- Sending notifications. We may send important notifications base on your personal information from time to time, such as notifications of abnormal operation of device, push notifications of your customized device (depending on the circumstances of your purchase of device), our terms, conditions and policy changes.
4. How We Provide Personal Information To Outside
1) Sharing We promise to keep your information confidential. Except as otherwise provided by laws, regulations and regulatory authorities, we only share your information with third parties (as defined below), including our partners, in following circumstances:
The business shares
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide products or services you need.
- Depending on the specific situation, we will provide certain personal information to the partners who cooperate with Scentingto provide products and services or assist Scenting’s customers. We only share personal information with third parties, such as products and services providers, improvers and advertisers. Personal information will not be Shared with third parties for the purpose of selling. We strictly require above partners to abide by the confidentiality agreement and personal information protection policy.
- We will offer you with the statistical information of Scenting The above statistical information does not involve your name, account number, password, telephone number, E-mail and other personal information
- If our partners make clear to you according to law the information collected and the use of the information, and have obtained your consent, we can disclose your personal information to the three parties according to your permission. For the safety of your personal information, we may desensitize or obfuscate your personal information before disclosing it to a third party.
2) Disclosure In principle, we will not disclose your information to public. If it is necessary to make public disclosure, we will inform you that the purpose of public disclosure, the type of information disclosed and the sensitive information that may be involved, and obtain your explicit consent.
3) Transfer We will not transfer your personal information to any company / organization / individual, except for following situations:
- Get your confirmation in advance
- Stipulated by laws and regulations or compulsory administrative rules
- Involving capital transformation/acquisition/merge/reorganization or bankruptcy liquidation, we will inform you when your personal information will be transferred. And we will require the new company/organization that owning your personal information to be restrained from this policy. When changing the purpose of using personal information, we will ask the company/organization to regain your explicit consent. In the above case, Scenting will only share your personal information according to your authorization. (Your delegation will include all kinds of sub-processors that process your personal information.) We guarantee, when sharing your personal information with third-party service providers, Scenting will stipulate the third party’s practice and obligation through the contract, require them to abide by the corresponding local data protection law. Scenting will require third-party service providers to comply with the relevant policies of your region and apply privacy standards through the contract.
4) Retain Where there is a mandatory requirement of the law or a genuine purpose of collecting information, we will always keep your personal information. If there are reasonable reasons to believe that retaining personal information does not achieve the purpose of collecting personal information, we will no longer keep personal information. If it is for the public interest (such as scientific research, historical research, national statistics, etc.) to further process and file information, Scenting will further retain the data even if the purpose of further processing information is inconsistent with the original purpose.
5. The Data Segment Permission Information That The Business Function Needs To Obtain
- Telephone permission (read the telephone identification code): accessing to the telephone identification code is required for machine configuring to network, otherwise the internet connection cannot be completed.
- Location permission: open the location information for the network configuration of the machine, otherwise the internet cannot be completed.
- Read the list of installed applications: are provided by special phone.
- Storage permission: store the password and cache data, in which the password is only stored locally.
- Camera permission: only used to scan to add machine.
6. How We Keep Information Security Safety
We promise to ensure your personal information security. To prevent unauthorized access, disclosure or other similar risks, we have made a reasonable plan on the physical, electronic and management process, and applied it to protect the information we get about your use of Scenting APP. We will take all reasonable security measures to protect your personal information.
Your personal information will be stored on a secure server, and protected in controlled facilities. We categorize your data according to importance and sensitivity, and ensure that your personal information has the highest level of security. We guarantee that employees and third-party service providers who provide products and services to you through access to this information have strict contractual confidentiality obligations. Failure to fulfil these obligations will result in disciplinary action or termination of cooperation. Similarly, we have special access control measures for cloud-based data storage. In short, we regularly review information collection, storage and processing practices to prevent any unauthorized access and use.
We will take all feasible steps to protect your personal information.
We will take appropriate measures against personal data disclosure, such as to notify the leakage to the relevant regulatory authorities, or, in some cases, inform the data subject of personal data disclosure in accordance with the law (including your local data protection law).
7.Information Access And Visitor Limitations
1) Access other functions on your device
Our application may access certain functions on your device, such as Bluetooth network status. This information is used to allow these applications to run on your device and allow you to interact with them. At any time, you can revoke the permission by closing the application on the device or contacting us at HELP@AROMATECHSCENT.COM.
2) Accessing, updating, correcting, eliminating or restricting the processing of your personal information
- You have the right to request access to and/or correction of any personal information we hold pertaining to you. When you update your personal information, we will verify your identity before processing your request. We will respond to your request within the time required by the Data Protection Act once we have sufficient information.
- If you wish to request access to our personal data or if you think that any information, we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us by email as soon as possible. E-mail: HELP@AROMATECHSCENT.COM.
- You have the right to ask us to eliminate your personal information, if you are an EU user under the General Data Protection Ordinance (GDPR). We will consider the rationality of the elimination requirements and take reasonable steps including technical measures if there are relevant provisions in GDPR.
- You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information if you are an EU user under the General Data Protection Ordinance (GDPR). If there are relevant provisions in the GDPR, we will only process your personal information in the manner specified in the GDPR and notify you before lifting the restrictions.
- If you are an EU user under the General Data Protection Ordinance (GDPR), you have the right not to be affected by decisions that may have legal effects on you, have a similar significant impact on you, and are entirely based on automated processing (including profiling).
- If you are an EU user under the General Data Protection Ordinance (GDPR), you have the right to receive your personal information in a commonly structured format and transmit it to another data controller.
- More details related to personal information in your Scenting account can be accessed and changed through your device login account.
3) Deletion information
You can check the following information in the Scenting APP:
- Account Information
- Equipment Information
- Equipment Data Information
For users whose client version is before 1.4 can contact our customer service at HELP@AROMATECHSCENT.COM to disable their accounts.
8. Policy Update
2) Application of Law and Jurisdiction:
If you reside in the United States of America, the controller of your information under this policy is AromaTech Inc, located at 1202 N 54th Ave #103, Phoenix, AZ, USA, 85043 1-877-347-5239. If you reside outside of the United States of America, the controller of your information under this policy is Privacy Officer care of AromaTech Inc.
3) Complaints and Feedback:
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policy or data processing, please contact us at HELP@AROMATECHSCENT.COM.
9. Policy Updates
If you are an EU user under the General Data Protection Ordinance (GDPR), Scenting will provide:
Use risk management tools to provide systematic methods to manage personal data related to our employees, management processes and information systems. According to GDP R, Scenting will use the following ways: (1) Establish a Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for data protection (DPO’s contact mode is HELP@AROMATECHSCENT.COM); (2) Establish data protection impact assessment (DPIA) and other processes.
10. Contact Us
last edited: 2020.12.09