Fragrances for Living Blog
Fragrances for Living Blog
Alternating Scents for Office Workers
Scenting your office can have a significant impact on morale and productivity. The sense of smell is one of our most important senses; scents can evoke memories and emotions that have a considerable effect on our mood, energy level, and overall well-being. Ambient scenting in an office environment affects job performance, business decisions, and even how appreciated your employees feel. Different scents can have specific effects – for example, lavender is known to be relaxing, while peppermint can be stimulating and boost energy. However, using the same scent day in and day out can become somewhat boring; workers may become “nose blind,” not even noticing the scent after a while. That’s why it’s important to choose a range of aromas and use them strategically. One of the best ways to do this is to change scents with the season. Seasonal scenting is a terrific way to use a variety of aromas and benefit from their differing properties throughout the year.
Spring scents are all about the fresh, light, fruity, and floral. Springtime is a joyful time of sunshine, rejuvenation, and new life, and many scents can reflect this beautifully. Some great springtime scents include:
- Hawaiian Tropical: This aroma oil is a blend of coconut, banana, peach nectar, and banana, reminiscent of an alluring paradise – and a welcome change from the chilly days of winter.
- Bloom: Bloom is a delightful bouquet of geranium, lavender, red rose, and ylang-ylang with notes of citrus for a light and refreshing aroma.
- Oriental Garden: The tranquil bliss of spring is perfectly captured in this peaceful blend of lemon, amber, vanilla, and jasmine.
- Fresh Linen: Fresh Linen is a delightful and fresh springtime scent that’s perfectly suited for the first warm days of the year with notes of lily of the valley, white jasmine, spring blossoms, and musk.
Say hello to warm, sultry nights and sizzling hot days. When summertime arrives, it’s time for warm breezes, light clothing, chilled beverages – and sparkling, citrusy, floral scents. To welcome the warm weather, try:
- Cucumber Mint: This fragrance is the perfect way to unwind in the essence of summertime with a refreshing blend of clean mint and cool cucumber, combined with white flower, geranium, rose, citrus, and the tempting, juicy scent of fresh apples.
- Happy: Our Happy aroma oil can bring joy and laughter into your office with a zesty and summery blend of citrus, bergamot, and ylang-ylang for a stress-busting, revitalizing atmosphere.
- Fresh Cut Grass: Nothing says “summer” like the pungent scent of freshly-cut grass. This scent is bright, fresh, and relaxing – perfect for bringing a bit of sunshine into the workplace.
- Coconut: This scent calls to mind an exotic tropical paradise with notes of smooth coconut cream, sweet pineapple, vanilla, and sugar.
- Lavender Linen: Celebrate the long, warm days with clean and vibrant purple lavender, bergamot, Egyptian cotton, sandalwood, patchouli, and eucalyptus.
Fall brings with it shorter days, chilly nights, and the beginning of the holiday season. The crisp morning air, leaves crunching underfoot, and the fragrances unique to the season help get us all into the spirit of the season – and aromatherapy can make these special days even more beautiful. To celebrate the glorious days of autumn, use these incredible aroma oils:
- Pumpkin Spice: What fall season would be complete without pumpkin spice… everything? Our Pumpkin Spice is an irresistible blend for you to add to your diffuser with the delicious scent of pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove along with hints of whipped cream and vanilla.
- Apple Pie: A cozy and inviting aroma, Apple Pie incorporates the scents of freshly sliced apples, clove, tangerine, cinnamon, and mandarin spice with undertones of maple sugar and vanilla.
- Inviting & Stimulating Bundle: Get more for your money with our Inviting & Stimulating Bundle. This handpicked selection of scents includes aroma oils that are entirely at home on crisp fall mornings such as Sunny Citrus, Grapefruit Vanilla, Eucalyptus, and Vanilla Cedarwood Sage.
When the days grow shorter, and warmth and sunshine are at a premium, morale can sink – but you can keep it boosted by ringing in the season with some tempting and mood-lifting scents. The holiday seasons is in full swing, and your employees will feel more festive and energetic with wintery fragrances to enjoy as they work. Several essential and aroma oils are perfect for chilly winter days. Be sure to check out:
- Holiday Spice: You and your team will feel cozy and warm surrounded by the spicy yet subtle scent of cinnamon, apples, and tangerine.
- Winter Pine: This lovely scent evokes visions of a crisp Northern forest with the invigorating aroma of crescendo pine, cedarwood, and bark.
- Cinnamon: Our Cinnamon blend delivers the decadent fragrance of cinnamon and cloves paired with hints of zesty orange for a warm and spicy scent.
Throughout the year, there are special occasions and great excuses to try a new AromaTech scent in your diffuser. Consider:
- Birthday Cake: Make a special day even more so by changing up your office aroma to one that helps celebrate a valued member of your team with Birthday Cake, a lively blend of butter, sugar, cocoa powder, buttermilk, and red berries.
- Waffle Cone: Waffle Cone is a fun way to switch things up – treat your office to the heady scent of vanilla, sugar, sweet butter, and hints of coffee. Perfect for when your office needs a few more smiles!
- Pure Energy: The name says it all. For a boost in productivity, give your team the pick-me-up they need with this bursting blend of citrus, bergamot, honeydew, and amber.
- Stress Relief: When tensions run high, smooth things out with Stress Relief, a calming fragrance with notes of lavender, geranium, rosemary, and ylang-ylang.
At AromaTech, we love helping make our clients’ jobs easier and more fun. You can do the same for your employees by choosing some great essential and aroma oils for your diffuser and treating your staff to new, fresh scents throughout the year. Don’t forget to order some samples to try for yourself so that you can pick the perfect scents for your office!